Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time Management

* I have been thinking a lot this week about how to make better use of my time, and I had an impression come into my mind that my problem is that I try to do so many things at the same time, which ultimately results with more time I have wasted trying to getting things done rather than actually doing them. This quote kept popping into my head, but I cannot remember what the original source is. "A man who spends all of his time focusing on everything focuses on nothing." I think this is the case for most of us. Here are some quotes that have helped me manage my time better.


PRIORITIZE:
“We realize our dilemma goes deeper than shortage of time; it is basically a problem of priorities. We confess, we have left undone those things that ought to have done; and we have done those things which we ought not to have done.“
– Charles E. Hummel

“One of the greatest resources people cannot mobilize themselves is that they try to accomplish great things. Most worthwhile achievements are the result of many little things done in a single direction.“
– Nido Qubein

“Review our priorities, ask the question; what’s the best use of our time right now?“
– Alan Lakei

"We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once."
-Calvin Coolidge


FUTURE:

“The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.“
– C. S. Lewis

“If we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we shall find we have lost the future.“
– Winston Churchill

PLANNING, GOAL SETTING:
“What comes first, the compass or the clock? Before one can truly manage time (the clock), it is important to know where you are going, what your priorities and goals are, in which direction you are headed (the compass). Where you are headed is more important than how fast you are going. Rather than always focusing on what’s urgent, learn to focus on what is really important.“
– Unknown


LIFE:

"Life is what happens when while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon

You will never "find" time for anything. If you want time you must make it.
-Charles Buxton

No comments:

Post a Comment